Bliss Balls are such a great quick snack and I literally made hundreds before I birthed both my babies. I’d grab a few from the freezer each night to put on my bedside table so I’d have some energy to stay awake through those loooooong nights.
Here’s a recipe I’ve been making for a while now, it’s a nice change from the usual date and cacao versions out there.
- 200 grams dried apricots
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ cup oats
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup desiccated coconut for rolling
- Put the apricots, maple syrup and water into a food processor or blender and process until the apricots are broken down, you might need to scrape down the side a few times if you’re using a blender.
- Add the oats, almond meal, cinnamon and blend again until everything is well combined.
- Next, add in the pumpkin seeds. Pulse the mixture so the pumpkin seeds break down a bit but still have some crunch.
- Scoop out heaped tablespoon portions and roll into balls, then roll in desiccated coconut.
Freeze or keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.