The broccoli salad that made me fall in love with broccoli again. It’s crunchy, zesty and keeps well in the fridge. This salad is one I’ve been making the past few weeks and was inspired by a @cookieandkate recipe.
– 200g rizoni pasta, uncooked
– 1 large head broccoli or 2 small
– Big handful of herbs (used basil, mint + parsley), chopped finely
– 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
– 1/2 cup of slivered almonds
– Goats cheese (optional)
– 3 tbsp olive oil + an extra glug!
– 2 tsp Dijon mustard
– Juice + zest of a lemon
– salt + pepper
1. Cook rizoni until tender + drain & swirl through a glug of olive oil.
2. Finely chop the broccoli + add to a large mixing bowl.
3. Add diced onion, chopped herbs and lemon zest + mix.
4. Fry the slivered almonds until starting to brown, place aside to cool.
5. Grab a small bowl to make the dressing. Combine 3 tbsp olive oil, Dijon mustard, juice of a lemon + salt and pepper to taste. Whisk well.
6. Mix the dressing through the salad & top with goats cheese and almonds.